My mom and I have been obsessed with honey-cardamom lattes ever since we had one at a restaurant downtown, so I concocted my own recipe. It’s a nice change from the usual!
Cardamom is an aromatic seed of a South Asian plant from the ginger family that is used as a spice for cooking and it also has medicinal properties. Some health benefits of eating or drinking cardamom include the aid in eliminating digestive problems, halitosis, preventing cold and flu and it has anti-inflammatory properties.
Here’s how to make this delicious drink, based on two servings:
What you’ll need
- Coffee (pick your favorite blend)
- Sugar (add as much or as little to the coffee)
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 1 flat tablespoon of cardamom seeds
- 1/2 a cup of milk or half & half cream
- A strainer
- A frother
How to make it
- Brew your favorite coffee and prepare it as you please.
- In a small saucepan, add the milk/cream, the honey and cardamom seeds. Bring it to a boil on medium-low heat.
- Pour the milk through a strainer to remove the seeds.
- Froth the boiled milk and then pour it on top of the brewed coffee.
- Enjoy 🙂
I prepared them in a glass cup for the purpose of sharing it on this blog, but it’s best served in a mug unless you want to enjoy it as a cold beverage!